The 24th Annual Red Hook Fest: We Push Forward, the FREE live music and dance festival on the Brooklyn waterfront, was June 9-10th, 2017. Featuring community workshops, free resources, family activities, games, face painting, and world-class performers, Red Hook Fest is annual fun for the whole family.
We had a stellar line-up of performers, including musical spoken word duo Climbing PoeTree, theatrical contemporary dance group The Dash Ensemble, Princess Grace Award-winning choreographer Loni Landon and the Loni Landon Dance Project, and the electrifying Dabka and Zaffa team The Freedom Dabka Group.
FRI JUNE 9, 2017 Community Cookout & DJ Dance Party (5:30pm-8:30pm)
P.S. 15/Patrick F. Daly School (71 Sullivan St, Brooklyn)
Performances by: M-TRI, DJ Leecy, and Emcee Tah Phrum Da Bush!
Red Hook Fest’s Friday event is in collaboration this year with Red Hook Walks, a Street Fair on Van Brunt organized by our partner, Southwest Brooklyn Industrial Development Corporation.
Red Hook Walks
A Street Fair on Van Brunt between Visitation & Dikeman. 6pm – 10pm
SAT JUNE 10, 2017 Mainstage Performances (2pm-7pm)
@ Louis J. Valentino, Jr. Park & Pier
(Coffey & Ferris Streets, Brooklyn)
Live music & dance on the Brooklyn waterfront with performances by:
In addition to our exciting lineup of professional mainstage performers, Red Hook Fest: We Push Forward featured several youth groups, community groups, activities, and resources, including:
- The Shola Bare Experience: Instagram | Facebook
- Mat King Cole: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Solomon Goodwin/MVP
- The Door Dance Ensemble
- Jow-ile-Bailar Dance Co.
- Lyrical L: Facebook | Snapchat @Lyrical-L | Instagram
- Good Shepherd Services/ Rappers
- East Brooklyn Community High School Dance Group
- MS 353k- Arelah’s Dance Academy
- Nuni Bands: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
- Enrichment Closet: Instagram
- Carroll Gardens Association: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Good Shepherd Services: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Red Hook Art Project: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- Kentler Gallery: Website | Facebook (1) | Facebook (2) | Twitter | Instagram
- Red Hook Boaters: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Flickr
- Red Hook Initiative: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Red Hook Community Justice Center: Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Fifth Avenue Committee/ Brooklyn Workforce Innovations
- Women in Touch
Friday, June 10th (6pm-8pm)
Community Cookout and DJ Dance Party @ PS 15 Playground (71 Sullivan St, Brooklyn)
We rocked the neighborhood with FREE food, music, fun, games, and activities for children. Thanks to MC Tah Phrum Duh Bush, M-TRI, DJ Leecy T, and DTE Dance Teaching Artist, Rajonna Lewis for keeping the crowd moving!
Saturday, June 11th (12pm-7pm)
Mainstage Performances @ Louis J. Valentino, Jr. Park & Pier (Coffey & Ferris Streets, Brooklyn)
We showcased a world-class lineup of performers, hosted a number of fun activities for all ages like kayak rides in New York Harbor (c/o the Red Hook Boaters), hands-on drawing activities, and a face painting. Additionally, more than 50 youth performed for the crowd, representing the next generation of artists in Brooklyn. Emceed by Kymbali Craig.
The Red Hook Fest is supported, in part, by public funds from the National Endowment for the Arts, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council, the New York State Council on the Arts, the Mertz Gilmore Foundation, and Con Edison. Additional support provided by Estate Four, the NY Water Taxi, Fairway, The O’Connell Organization, Movers Not Shakers, Jofaz Transportation, Apple Bank, Ridgewood Savings Bank, and Formula E.