Founded in 1994, Dance Theatre Etcetera (DTE) is a vibrant community-based, multi-disciplinary arts organization located on the Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront. DTE currently runs year round arts education programs at high needs public high schools as well onsite and offsite after-school and community programs such as In Transition: Media and Digital Boot Camp for ages 12-24, serving upwards of 700 students annually.
We are seeking a highly organized individual with filmmaking experience to assist lead media educator in a documentary filmmaking program for urban teens ages 16-24, In Transition Media.
In Transition Media is a pre-professional video production program that provides 45 hours of instruction and project-based learning in the digital media production cycle, camera operation, audio recording, and video editing. Students create original documentary films that tackle real-life issues.
- Take daily attendance: check students in and out.
- Help with setup and breakdown of film equipment before each session
- Purchase snacks, beverages.
- Manage equipment cabinets: checking out/in equipment
- Help plan, implement and host all events: final film screening, guest speakers and field trips.
- Manage student payroll
- Log and organize DSLR footage
- Have excellent work ethic and commitment to mission of program
- Experience with using/managing prosumer filmmaking equipment (cameras, sound equipment, lights)
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently
- College degree preferred but must have high school degree or GED/TASC
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older
- March 11 through May 20, 2017: Tuesday’s 4:00-6:00 pm and Saturday’s 1:00-4:00 pm Orientation March 10, 2017 @ 4:00 pm.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, starting at $15/hr. Potential future employment as Media Teaching Artist
To apply, please send an email DTE’s Director of Education Maria Soriano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or for more information, call 718 643-6790 x112