DTE (Dance Theatre Etcetera) seeks Administrative/Program Interns
Founded in 1994, Dance Theatre Etcetera (DTE) is a vibrant community-based, multidisciplinary arts organization located on the Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront. DTE currently runs year-round arts education programs at high-needs public high schools as well onsite and offsite after-school and community programs for ages 12-24, serving upwards of 700 students annually. DTE also produces the annual Red Hook Fest, a free performing arts festival on the Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront.
This summer features the return of DTE’s Digital Boot Camp, a pre-professional program that provides Red Hook teens and young adults with 80 hours of rigorous instruction in digital media production, culminating in the creation of promotional videos for local businesses and social service organizations.
We are seeking a highly organized individual with strong office and communication skills to assist staff with administrative tasks and program management, including Digital Boot Camp and the 24th annual Red Hook Fest. This is an excellent opportunity for people seeking experience in non-profit management, community-based arts organizations, and social justice issues.
- Assist Director of Education with data collection for programs
- Visit programs to help document, collect student surveys, etc.
- Data entry into Google Sheets, and database maintenance
- Assist with flyer distribution locally in Red Hook for DTE’s annual Red Hook Fest
- Create staff and volunteer packets for Red Hook Fest
- Work as crew during festival June 9th and 10th. Help with setup, Information Table, lead family friendly activities, work backstage as youth group wrangler
- Assist teaching artists during DTE’s summer Digital Boot Camp July 10th – August 4th
- Office maintenance and other tasks as assigned
- Have excellent work ethic and commitment to mission of organization
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel. Additional knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator a plus
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently
- College students or college graduates welcome to apply. Applicants must have at least a high school degree or GED/TASC
- Experience with using/managing prosumer filmmaking equipment (cameras, sound equipment, lights) and video editing skills a plus
Schedule: Preferred start date Monday, May 22nd through August 4th. Minimum 16 hours per week, but more during the week of June 5th-10th for Red Hook Fest. Schedule can be negotiated but during office hours, Monday to Fridays 9:30 am -5:30 pm.
Compensation: Travel stipend. Possible additional stipend depending on skills. DTE is happy to fill out any necessary paperwork in order for interns to receive college credit upon completion of the internship.
To apply, please send an email with resume (with your name in the file label) and cover letter to DTE’s Director of Education, Maria Soriano email@example.com. No phone calls, please.