Founded in 1994, DTE (Dance Theatre Etcetera) is a vibrant community-based, multidisciplinary arts organization located on the Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront. DTE currently runs year-round arts education programs at high-needs public high schools as well onsite and offsite after-school and community programs for ages 12-24, serving upwards of 700 students annually. In addition, DTE produces the annual Red Hook Fest each June – a free outdoor performing arts festival that features top notch music and dance groups as well performances by over 100 local youth – and Red Hook: Move It! in the fall, a showcase of several dance companies’ works and a participatory dance party held in conjunction with a Red Hook Thanksgiving celebration. www.dtetc.org
DTE is seeking a part-time Director of Finance and Operations to join our team. The position is 24 hours/week, and we are open to figuring out the best schedule of days/times in the office (e.g., 3 8-hour days, 4 6-hour days, etc.)
The Director of Finance and Operations will work closely with the Executive Director and plays a large role in organizational decision making and strategic planning. Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain organizational budget as well as individual program budgets
- Prepare and present financial reports for Board (including, but not limited to, cash flow statements, budget to actual reports, balance sheets, etc)
- Maintain Quickbooks (including, but not limited to, A/P, A/R, bank deposits, petty cash tracking, bill payment, bank & credit card monthly reconciliations, etc)
- Prepare and supervise annual audit
- Create proposals for programs, issue work orders, purchase orders, and invoices
- Human Resources
- Payroll (ADP)
- Draft contracts for Teaching Artists and contractors
- Track all employee and contractor paperwork
- Maintain Health Insurance, Workers’ Comp, Disability, and State Unemployment Insurance policies and claims
- Hire/supervise administrative assistants and interns
- Track vacation and sick days
- Office Management
- Track/order office and maintenance supplies and equipment
- Manage media inventory, including rental agreements and usage
- Work with IT consultants for any issues that arise
- Supervise and assist with office cleaning and organization as needed
- Maintain Development database
- Create budgets for all grant proposals and reports
- Grant writing and Editing as needed
- Tracking funding – manage funder status sheet and follow-up on all income.
- Prepare and track Thank You letters for individual donations.
- Assist with individual fundraising appeals
- Handle paperwork for government contracts and discretionary awards
- Assist with planning and production of public performance events, including the Red Hook Fest and Red Hook: Move It!
- Assist with planning and production of fundraising and cultivation events, including annual holiday party and/or gala
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide status updates
- Handle communications and scheduling of meetings with Board of Directors, attend meetings and take notes
- Review drafts of monthly e-news and annual newsletter
- Additional phone calling and emails to attend to daily management of organization.
Candidate must be highly organized, have strong writing & communication skills, and have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and QuickBooks. Strong preference for candidates with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
There are definite opportunities for growth within the organization, with a clearly defined two-year track to Associate Director for the right candidate, with commensurate increases in hours and salary. Alternately, the position can remain on a part-time basis long-term, making it an ideal position for artists, or candidates with other part-time jobs or family obligations.
Pay is commensurate with experience. Salary range is $35k – $45k annually. Benefits include monthly reimbursements for health insurance purchased on the marketplace, 10 paid vacation days, and 10 paid holidays that may be taken even on days when employee is not scheduled to work.
Company will provide 2 weeks of paid training with current staff, June 1 – 15, 2017 at $20 – $25/hour. Official start date: on or about June 16, 2017.
To apply please send resume and references to Michael Levinton, Director of Finance and Operations, email@example.com by May 15th.