Founded in 1994, Dance Theatre Etcetera (DTE) is a vibrant community-based, multi-disciplinary arts organization located on the Red Hook, Brooklyn waterfront. DTE produces Red Hook Fest, a free live music and dance festival on the waterfront in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Audiences enjoy live performances by world-renowned professional artists and local youth groups. They also have the opportunity to participate in a number of interactive cultural activities, such as yoga, face-painting, kayaking, and games.
We are seeking a media (filmmaking/photography) college and graduate students for its 15-week summer internship program in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
Interns will begin in the pre-production period for this year’s upcoming Red Hook Fest, help document the event, assist in archiving materials, and end the program by developing their own promotional or documentation support materials from the footage they’ve collected. They will work closely with DTE’s marketing department to create the clearest, most useful materials for documentation, archival, and promotional materials.
- Current undergraduate junior/senior – OR a recent graduate – OR a graduate student
- Good work ethic and commitment to mission of program
- Experience with using/managing prosumer filmmaking equipment (cameras, sound equipment, lights)
- Demonstrated interest and ability in film, photography, and/or editing
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently
- Applicants must be 20 years of age or older
Experience with multidisciplinary arts, multimedia documentation, interview coverage, Final Cut Pro, and/or Adobe Premiere preferred.
- Interns are expected to commit at least 1 day per business week (likely Tuesdays or Thursdays) in addition to attending Red Hook Fest, June 9-10, 2017.
To be considered, please send:
- Brief introduction or cover letter
- 2-3 references
- Link(s) to portfolio, current or completed media projects
Compensation: Travel stipend. Possible college credit.
To apply, please send an email DTE’s Marketing Associate Heather Harvey. Positions available starting in May 2017.